- DS220j is an entry-level 2-bay NAS designed for home and personal users to store and share photos, videos, and documents.
- The private cloud solution is powered by the award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, providing an intuitive user interface and safe data protection approaches for easy digital asset backups from computers and mobile devices at no additional cost.
- CPU Model Realtek RTD1296
- CPU Quantity 1
- CPU Architecture 64-bit
- CPU Frequency 4-core 1.4 GHz
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- System Memory 512 MB DDR4 non-ECC
- Notes Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
- Drive Bays 2
- Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA HDD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
- 2.5" SATA SSD (with optional 2.5" Disk Holder)
- Maximum Single Volume Size* 108 TB
Hot Swappable Drive -
- Notes "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay
- External Ports
- RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 1
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port* 2
- Notes The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB
- Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
Centralized backup solution for your digital devices
Synology's comprehensive multi-version backup solutions protect your digital assets on computers (Windows/Mac) and mobile phones (Android/iOS) against malicious attacks, including the rising threat from encryption-based ransomware.
Stream content to your TV
Turn your Synology NAS into a home media hub and stream your digital content to your favorite electronic devices, including computers, mobile devices, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and DLNA devices.
Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology
Storage management is easy with Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) technology. SHR is an automated RAID management system that allows you to easily create and expand storage volumes and migrate RAID types without requiring details on the RAID setup. SHR provides 1-disk redundancy to safeguard your data in case of drive failures.
Seamless integration with your mobile devices
Synology mobile applications are designed to give you quick and secure access to your data wherever you are