- Dimensions: 17.32(w) x 6.81(d) x 1.73(h) in
- Weight: 4.85 lb (2.2 kg)
- Memory and processor: 1 MB flash; Packet buffer size: 512 KB
- Switching capacity: 52 Gbps
- Throughput: Up to 38.7 Mpps (64-byte packets)
- MAC address table size: 8192 entries
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Voltage: 100–240 VAC, rated
- Current: 0.3 A
- Maximum power rating: 18 W
The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models.
The 1420 Switch Series includes nine Gigabit switches. All have 10/100/1000 ports for affordable Gigabit connections using copper Category 5 cabling. There is a model with 16 RJ-45 ports. There is a 24-port model with two SFP Gigabit ports, ideal where long distances require fiber-based connections. Another 24-port model supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+ on 12 of its ports, able to forward up to 30 W power on these ports to power access points, IP phones, IP cameras, and other PoE-enabled devices. For cost-effective high-speed fiber-based server connections, there is a 24-port 10/100/1000 switch with two SFP+ 10-Gigabit ports. Lastly, there is a model simply with a 24-port 10/100/1000 layout.