- LGA1151 socket for 8th -gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors
- Synchronize RGB lighting with a vast portfolio of Aura Sync capable PC gear – now with support for addressable light strips
- Onboard M.2 Heatsink: Cools your M.2 drive, delivering consistent storage performance and enhanced reliability
- Gaming Audio: SupremeFX and Sonic Studio III – High fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action
- Gaming connectivity: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard, 2×2 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C™ connectors
- 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming durability: ASUS SafeSlot and premium components for maximum durability
Aura lighting control
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB headers. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
RGB LIGHTING PERFECTED
ROG Maximus X Hero features a duo of onboard 5050 RGB headers and an addressable header that can be connected to compatible lighting strips, fans, coolers, and PC cases, creating a new world of illumination possibilities.
Make it your own
ASUS is the first motherboard manufacturer to support 3D printing, making it easy to customize your motherboard's appearance and improve system performance with a range of printable parts.
ROG Maximus X Hero is equipped with a stylish, angular M.2 heatsink that keeps your SSD cool. By efficiently dissipating heat away from the M.2 area, ROG Maximus X Hero minimizes the possibility of the performance-sapping throttling that can happen when drives become too warm. The heatsink's angular design adds an eye-catching touch to any build, while the T-sensor detects temperatures in the vital M.2 area for instant monitoring.
2x2 802.11AC Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO
ROG Maximus X Hero is engineered with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867 Mbit/s* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology** to ensure that every connected user experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
Featuring the latest Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel Ethernet controllers have a natural synergy with their CPUs and chipsets, reducing processor overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for games and other tasks.
LET YOUR SSD SCREAM AT TOP SPEED
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbit/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
DDR4 OC 4133MHz+
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4133 and beyond with all slots populated.
OC DESIGN- ASUS PRO CLOCK II TECHNOLOGY
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from 8th Generation Intel® processors.