- Code: 2680C013
- Type: Digital single-lens non-reflex AF/AE camera
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card* UHS-I compatible
- Image Format: Approx. 22.3 x 14.9mm (APS-C Size)
- Compatible Lenses: EF-M lens (and EF/EF-S lenses when using Mount Adapter EF-EOS M)
- Equivalent to approximately 1.6x the focal length indicated on a mounted lens
- White Balance Correction: Blue/Amber: ±9 levels, Green/Magenta: ±9 levels
- Built-in electronic color viewfinder with 0.39-type screen size and approx. 2.36 million dots
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Face+Tracking AF, Zone AF, 1-point AF)
- Exposure Compensation: Manual: ± 3 stops in 1/3-stop increments, AE Bracketing: ± 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- AE Bracketing can be used together with manual compensation.
- Electronically controlled focal-plane shutter
- Manual pop-up flash
- Single shooting, Continuous shooting (High-speed continuous shooting, low-speed continuous shooting)
- ISO Speed Range (Recommended Exposure Index): 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- ISO Auto Range (AUTO and Manual mode): ISO 100–6400, 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 1280 x 720 (HD)
- ISO Auto Range (AUTO and Manual mode): ISO 100–12800, Expandable to ISO 25600
- TFT color liquid crystal monitor
- Touch-screen Panel: Electrostatic capacitance type
- Brightness Control: Electrostatic capacitance type
- Color: Black
- Weight: Approx. 12.4 oz. / 351g (body only), Approx. 13.7 oz. / 387g (including battery pack, memory card)
Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF
The EOS M50 delivers improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens. When used with the EF-M 15–45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, the autofocus area includes up to 99 AF points within an 80% x 80% range, and can be expanded up to 143 AF points to cover an image area of approx. 88% horizontal by 100% vertical when combined with select compatible lenses. The new Eye Detection AF analyzes the image and automatically determines where to focus based on your subject's eyes, helping to ensure a treasured headshot or once-in-a-lifetime moment with your best friend is captured in sharp detail.
4K UHD* 24p and HD 120p**
Many new televisions feature 4K Ultra HD resolution, which delivers far greater detail than HDTV. The EOS M50 camera can record in 4K UHD* at 24 frames per second, which gives your videos a cinematic look similar to most movies and TV shows. To showcase your epic and special moments, a high-speed 120p** mode is possible in HD. When shown at normal speed, this creates a slow-motion effect that can highlight fast action like sports or even delicate moments like the wind through someone's hair. 4K frame cropping lets you select a portion of the 4K video frame you've captured and create a high-resolution still image, all in-camera.
Built-in OLED EVF*** with Touch & Drag AF
In certain situations, like a bright sunny day, a viewfinder is preferable to a screen. The built-in high-resolution electronic viewfinder*** on the EOS M50 camera features approximately 2,360,000 dots so you can see high amounts of detail in what you're capturing. Its Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology offers high-contrast, high-color images that can help properly display the scene you want to capture. Touch and Drag AF lets you use the rear screen as a touchpad while you're using the viewfinder, so you can choose what you want the camera to focus on with just a tap of your finger and without moving the camera away from your face.
Automatic Image Transfer
Backing up your photos and videos is easy with the EOS M50 camera, which can automatically send what you've captured to your computer and other compatible devices. After the initial setup with the Image Transfer Utility 2 app, all you need to do is leave your camera on when it's connected to Wi-Fi® and the files will be sent without any further effort from you.*It is necessary to download and install Canon's Image Transfer Utility 2. Connect the camera and computer each to your home network, and only the camera must be paired with ITU2 the first time.
DiG!C 8 Image Processor
The EOS M50 camera features the new DIGIC 8 Image Processor, which helps improve autofocus performance, enables you to shoot 4K UHD 24p video and aids with many other advanced features. It comes with an improved Auto Lighting Optimizer, which analyzes the image and helps minimize blown-out areas by maintaining color and detail in the bright parts of a photo. When set to High, it can even smooth the transitions between colors, helping you take impressively lifelike sunrise and sunset photos.
Silent Mode for Quiet Operation
Sometimes you don't want the sound of a camera interrupting the perfect moment, whether it's the bride saying "I do" or your newborn baby sleeping. Silent Mode helps you make sure your camera doesn't startle your subject by enabling capture with virtually no shutter sound. This means you can shoot precious moments without worrying about detracting from them.